Motoro

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
What are your guys thoughts on these rays? And how big will he get? I know they can get huge..but realalisticly how big on average ?

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
They are good beginner rays, but don't kid yourself that they don't get "that" big. Their are lots of varieties of Motoro's and all are pretty hardy. How big is your setup and what else are you going to house with it?

KeefO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Royersford, pa
The 180 is a good starter tank for it, but you will need to upgrade to something quite larger in the near future. A healthy ray that is feeding well will outgrow that tank very quick. How old is your Rectic and how big is it?

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
best to get a male as they only grow to 30-35cm and a 2ft wide tank can fit it for life. But if you have a wider tank, it will be better on it.
Wow i dont think so

Males can easily reach 16" inches wide in about 2 years. Deff wont last in a 180 unless a wide footprint

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
Wow i dont think so

Males can easily reach 16" inches wide in about 2 years. Deff wont last in a 180 unless a wide footprint

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It might be because of the gene here in my place. I have not encountered a male bigger than 40cm (i may be wrong though). I have a couple of males and they just grow to 35cm and they are leaving in a one meter wide tank. I have a very dark normal motoro and a leoxmotoro male and they are just about 30-35cm. Going for 4years now.

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
image.jpgRetic is around 6-8 inches.. Not sure how old. I would guess young. Eats like a pig and doing really really good!! Bought him three weeks ago

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store