Mar 27, 2014
Canada
I'm getting offerd those which one should I take I can get a fx5 180 bucks used
Or FX6 brand new plus a 50 dollar gift card this filter is from a store 289
Or a 2080
Which is used and 150 dollars maybe I can lower the guy down 20 bucks

Which one is the better one?
Going into a 160g tank currently has 3 datnoids
And mahbeb6_7 months a arowana I do know the tank is small but when older the aro will go into a bigger one

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
The Eheim is the better filter by a long shot. Pump is on top so it can't ingest any sand or grit. That is the biggest problem with the Fluval. A lesser problem with the FX is they tend to get air in them. Also I have heard of the chip going bad in it which causes it to shut down. The Eheim is completely trouble free, uses less power and is much more versatile. Just look at it - it couldn't be any simpler. It ain't pretty and high tech looking, though. The only negative to the 2060, is that it won't fit under some cabinets.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
I love Eheim but would never again buy a 2080. The filter sucks. Might last forever, but only good for up to 75 gal max in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
The Eheim is the better filter by a long shot. Pump is on top so it can't ingest any sand or grit. That is the biggest problem with the Fluval. A lesser problem with the FX is they tend to get air in them. Also I have heard of the chip going bad in it which causes it to shut down. The Eheim is completely trouble free, uses less power and is much more versatile. Just look at it - it couldn't be any simpler. It ain't pretty and high tech looking, though. The only negative to the 2060, is that it won't fit under some cabinets.
After reading this post, I am depressed as all my fish will die as I use a FX6 instead of the oh so superb by a long shot Eheims. I do have an Eheim sitting in storage as the flow rate was not superlative....oh no I bought a lemon.

HarlreyK, how dare you say your Eheim sucks ?

For folks that starts a thread about your Eheim leaking, you are liars !! As Mr. Rodger eloquently stated, Eheims are trouble free !!

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Hey Chop, you gots it! :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
After reading this post, I am depressed as all my fish will die as I use a FX6 instead of the oh so superb by a long shot Eheims. I do have an Eheim sitting in storage as the flow rate was not superlative....oh no I bought a lemon.

HarlreyK, how dare you say your Eheim sucks ?

For folks that starts a thread about your Eheim leaking, you are liars !! As Mr. Rodger eloquently stated, Eheims are trouble free !!
He is referring to that style of eheim, however if you go with the 2060 or 2062 I can guarantee satisfaction. To be honest I don't think any option would be wrong, however I would go eheim after my experiences with all.

Sent from my XT1031 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I am truly sorry! Yes I was referring to the 2060 / 2062. I misread the original post. I am correct in my views of those two filters. Your fish WILL die if you don't use the truly remarkable Eheim classics. Please don't kill your fish. Paulbearer, I appreciate your correcting my error.

Conlin2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2011
Altamonte Springs,Fl.
I have been running 2 Fluval FX5s on my 120g tank for 2 years without a problem. I like the Eheim classic series as I have a 2217 on another tank and it's a great filter. I would still buy the Fluval FX5 or the Eheim 2262 both are good it just comes down to how much you want to spend.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Looks like we got this straight. The Eheim Classics rock, but were not part of the offering the OP could choose from.
Any questions about design flaws of the 2080, just search this form for threads I started. The filter lasts, mine has now been running for 8 (?) years straight. It's just hooked up to a tiny 75 gal, while my 2262s are in charge of a larger tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store