Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2006
Millis
www.unclenedsfishfactory.com
Please contact your Senators and US Representatives
and email them your concerns about allowing captive bred Asian Arowana
into the US.

(start by finding your Senators and Rep with your zip code)
https://www.senate.gov/
http://www.house.gov/

I sent the following message:

Scleropages formosus, the Asian Arowana, a freshwater fish
is legal to own with a permit in virtually every country of world
except the United states of America.
The propogation, sale and ownership of these captive bred fish is NOT dangerous to the species or the environment.
Please require US Fish and Wildlife service to permit the importation, sale, and ownership of this harmless species.
In fact, it can be an actual revenue enhancement.
Customers would willingly pay for a permit, thousands could be sold nationally.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Most people who aren't really into the hobby and I mean really into it do not care whatsoever about allowing asian arowana. They don't see a benefit. and they also don't see why people would want a fish that costs in the thousands. They don't see how it could benefit the economy and they also don't see the purpose or the reason to own this particular fish. The thing is there isn't humanely enough people in the U. S that are willing to fight for the right to own asian arowana. I live in California and I feel your pain. But I plan to move to Malaysia or Singapore for this exact reason they are beautiful countries with nice honest people. So if you want an asian arowana your best bet would be to move out of the U.S because things like this have been going on for years with no avail and I am sorry to say that I do not see this ever changing .

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I am really into keeping fish and even I don't really care that much if they are imported or not. I don't think you will get enough people in support to get your gov officials to care. It wont keep them from being reelected. They only care about the hot button topics.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Aren't aros legal in canada? Why not drive up there, buy one, then drive back into us? Im in the UK where pretty much every fish is legal, and even if it wasn't, well if you want a particular fish that bad then maybe you should just stick it to the law! Go full rebel on there aro hating asses!

Sent from my HTC Desire C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Aren't aros legal in canada? Why not drive up there, buy one, then drive back into us? Im in the UK where pretty much every fish is legal, and even if it wasn't, well if you want a particular fish that bad then maybe you should just stick it to the law! Go full rebel on there aro hating asses!

Sent from my HTC Desire C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
That would be smuggling...plenty of people got caught when they tried to smuggling illegal fishes back in United States or through Canada Border.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store