Wc or cb

Divasen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2010
IN MY TANK
Hi, pls confirm if wc or cb endi, I just pick this girl up from a shop where they cud not confrim the origin, I think she is a cb, my reason to follow

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1397151614563.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397151664377.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397151694936.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397151777846.jpg

Divasen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2010
IN MY TANK
Any1? Can any1 confrim what type of endi she is pls

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Any1? Can any1 confrim what type of endi she is pls

She looks like a normal endli to me, but I'm on my phone and can't see it clearly

Divasen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2010
IN MY TANK
She looks like a normal endli to me, but I'm on my phone and can't see it clearly
Thanks, do u know of way to determine if it wild caught by the look of the fish if the source is unknown

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
I dont buy into the claims people make that you can truly tell the difference between CB and WC from appearance.

It is true some CB bichirs do have distinct traits or defects that you dont see in wild caught individuals, and when dealing with poorly bred farm animals this can become more frequent, so yes some can be identified fairly safely as CB, but i'm sure that there are MANY perfectly normal "wild looking" cb's are out there.

So although you can spot a CB animal from appearance if they display CB traits, you can't really id them as WC on appearance alone.

With all that said, I based on traits that people look for to distinguish WC from CB's that one looks "WC", looks quite a bit like mine actually, and i know mine are WC tikinso guinea.

Nice find though, CB or WC, either way I'd be happy to add that endlie to my collection!

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I dont buy into the claims people make that you can truly tell the difference between CB and WC from appearance.

It is true some CB bichirs do have distinct traits or defects that you dont see in wild caught individuals, and when dealing with poorly bred farm animals this can become more frequent, so yes some can be identified fairly safely as CB, but i'm sure that there are MANY perfectly normal "wild looking" cb's are out there.

So although you can spot a CB animal from appearance if they display CB traits, you can't really id them as WC on appearance alone.

With all that said, I based on traits that people look for to distinguish WC from CB's that one looks "WC", looks quite a bit like mine actually, and i know mine are WC tikinso guinea.

Nice find though, CB or WC, either way I'd be happy to add that endlie to my collection!
+1 the only ways you can get close to a definite answer is the place you bought them from and size. But really you can garantee it's a WC or CB only rule out one or the other. If it's a larger size then it could be either WC or CB. If it's not from a chain it could be WC or CB. You can only really tell if it's not WC by if it's small at a chain store or if it's at a chain store. You can only make and educated guess is what I guess I'm trying to say

Divasen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2010
IN MY TANK

Thanks allot for all the info, AND I agree it can be a high quality cb or a wc, when comparing her to my other cb polys there is three tings dat r diff, head shape, stripes/markings and jaw shape

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store