FUNGUS

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
so hi guys once again.so i am really worried about my parrot cichlids. i first thought that it was HITH but now i have been told that it is fungus. so what can i do to treat fungus and ow much time does it take to get treated. i have been using a medicine call aqua dene but it doesnt seem to be working. its been 4 days and i notice no difference. we get another medicine which is green in color so should i buy that? anyway i have seen that all of my my parrots have those white patches on their head,lips,face etc and one of them looks very bad.so ill post the pictures of what he looked like before and after three days. so here the pictures. the first picture is three days oldView attachment 1004314DSC_0124.JPGDSC_0122.JPG
and the other two are those which show what he looks like at the present my other parrot also have these white patches. and i am currently using this medicineDSC_0086.JPGDSC_0088.JPG

so guys my questions are
1) is this gill fungus or hole in the head?
2)this is medicine is not working at the moment, should i buy that green medicine which says anti fungus on it?
3)if this is fungus how much time will it take for the fish to get better? what should i do to get them to feel better?
4)can it be be passed out to my other fish which include,sun cats,oscars,flowerhorns,green terrors and short bodied sharks
please guys don't take this as a offence but please dont provide any invalid information. really love my fish and want them to get better
thankyou.

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
If that med doesn't work try finding somthing made to treat fungus. The geen med you speak of, what's in it? I'm sorry but I don't know what these meds are and they don't show ingrediance so it's very diffacult to help. If the "green" has Malachite green in it try that.

EricNguyen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2014
Evanston IL
Don't mean to be an ******* but if you love your fish you should have keep up with the water changes then all of this would not have happened. You probably notice your fishes' behavior when the water parameter is not right. It doesn't take fungus 1 day to be like that.

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Dude changing the water thrice in a week.cant check the parameters ******* don't have testing kits here.they seem to be fine. Acting normal,digging,fighting and eating but I would appreciate if u could answer the questions

chefwill

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2013
Jacksonville beach Florida
People have answered your question.if your local shop carries medication for fish I find it kind It kind of hard to believe they don't have test kits.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Yeah I know pretty sad but that's whats happening in Pakistan. Anyway listen can fungus plead to my other fish which are mentioned above and how much time does it take to cure it

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Don't mean to be an ******* but if you love your fish you should have keep up with the water changes then all of this would not have happened. You probably notice your fishes' behavior when the water parameter is not right. It doesn't take fungus 1 day to be like that.
Bro I have been changing the water twice a week or once but for these couple of days Ive been changing it everyday

EricNguyen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2014
Evanston IL
Bro I have been changing the water twice a week or once but for these couple of days Ive been changing it everyday
Like I said bro changing it everyday when it happened already does not change the fact that you did not make sure the fish have a clean and nice enviroment to live in for a while and who knows how long. Fungus does not just appear out of no where or not because you do not have a water test kit. I have not use water test kit for a while and my fish are still healthy. I do not want to be rude but these are facts my friend. I hope your fishes get better though, Bp are strong and hardy fish I am sure they should have no problem with those fungus.

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Like I said bro changing it everyday when it happened already does not change the fact that you did not make sure the fish have a clean and nice environment to live in for a while and who knows how long. Fungus does not just appear out of no where or not because you do not have a water test kit. I have not use water test kit for a while and my fish are still healthy. I do not want to be rude but these are facts my friend. I hope your fishes get better though, Bp are strong and hardy fish I am sure they should have no problem with those fungus.
look this is the whole story bro. the shop from where i brought it. he had a 6 foot aquarium with approximately 15-20 Oscars size 8-12 inches, he also had two full grown thai silk flowerhorns,around ten parrots out which one had a very bad hole in the head,three red tailed catfish,one sun catfish 5 clown knifes and 2 arowanas which were 20 inches long. the other fish including oscars,parrots,knifefish,rtc,suncats, and flowerhorns were all above 8 inches. and sadly hhe did not clean his aquarium for more then three years.
anyway when i did buy the parrots they didnt have these patches but they were a victim of ammonia burn. which i helped them from. anyway i change my tank once in a week. isnt that good?
anyway so this is fungus right? and this is what im using as a medicine right now and this is a picture of the parrot of it looks like today. tell me if it looks better. the medicine im using is called oxy-cure which is table salt. when i go tmrw ill buy the green medicne. it says anti-fungus on it.
DSC_0139.JPGDSC_0143.JPGDSC_0144.JPGDSC_0145.JPGDSC_0146.JPGDSC_0140.JPG

DSC_0139.JPG

DSC_0143.JPG

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

DSC_0146.JPG

DSC_0140.JPG

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
look this is the whole story bro. the shop from where i brought it. he had a 6 foot aquarium with approximately 15-20 Oscars size 8-12 inches, he also had two full grown thai silk flowerhorns,around ten parrots out which one had a very bad hole in the head,three red tailed catfish,one sun catfish 5 clown knifes and 2 arowanas which were 20 inches long. the other fish including oscars,parrots,knifefish,rtc,suncats, and flowerhorns were all above 8 inches. and sadly hhe did not clean his aquarium for more then three years.
anyway when i did buy the parrots they didnt have these patches but they were a victim of ammonia burn. which i helped them from. anyway i change my tank once in a week. isnt that good?
anyway so this is fungus right? and this is what im using as a medicine right now and this is a picture of the parrot of it looks like today. tell me if it looks better. the medicine im using is called oxy-cure which is table salt. when i go tmrw ill buy the green medicne. it says anti-fungus on it.
View attachment 1004548View attachment 1004549View attachment 1004550View attachment 1004551View attachment 1004552View attachment 1004553
Not changing water in 3 years? The fish would be dead then, if he hasnt done any cleaning in 3 years.

Raja, do you do you gravel vacuum, maybe there could be some food decaying in the gravel, or sand. Have you tryed asking if they have a testkit at your lfs :D?
Have you been behind with the waterchanges? Do you have good filtration?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store