Labeo chrysophekadion?

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
Hey guys I have a chance to get first dibs on a Black Labeo shark that's about 8" at my lfs I have done some research on them but everything says the same stuff they get 2ft max, aggressive and they are omnivores. Other than that I can't find much more about them. Any experts on these guys that can tell me a bit more? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I had one that grew close to 2ft and he was a terror. He never tolerated any tankmates and wound up in a one-fish tank. It didn't matter if I introduced a larger tankmate or dropped him into an established tank of large fish. He always began tearing up tankmates as soon as the lights went out.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Yup - they get very, very aggressive when larger - and do get 2'. I would not keep one (alone) in anything less than a 500 gallon tank. It is because they are bulky, active fish, and need a lot of space to roam.

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
Ty for the info guys I'll let this one go he was cool looking though. I had just wanted to know more about their behavior because i have seen different websites saying they are fine with large cichlids but if rather not chance it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I had one that by their standards was a little more peaceful, he was the same size as a Jag x Texas hybrid. The Cichlid mildly bullied him but he(Shark) never got the upper hand. They both got up to 12-14 inches. Suddenly one day he was dead. My final thought was the Cichlid went nuts that night and killed him.

I also had an albino one and he was very peaceful but died before he got to 10 inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store