Leichartdi eye problem. Help please !!!

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
Hello everybody I am in desperate need of help. My 6 in leichartdi arowana is having a serious issue with is right eye. It started three days ago with a simple horizontal scratch that looked similar to a scratch on acrylic. I was worried but didn't figure it was a big deal. Now today his eye looks like the muscles on the upper portion of his socket has blown out. The eye isn't cloudy and there are no visible bite marks etc just the above issues. Water quality is good, diet consists of crickets, blackworms, various fish filets. If anybody can help me you'd be my hero thanks

azura

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2011
Aros World
#sorry missed the pics

i think got infected, try external infection drug or erythromycine

PetZoneSanDiego

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2008
San Diego, California
www.PetZoneSD.com
appears to be pop. use penicillin and use it for the entire treating period as stated on the packaging, even if the signs appear to be better.
give us a call or email and we'll be happy to give you some pointers.

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
So after three days of Melafix and tetracycline I'm having dramatic improvement. I am wondering if I should continue another cycle of tetracycline or just finish the 7 day melafix. It looks like the majority of swelling went down and and now it's just a bit of excess skin hanging over the eye. Thanks for everybody's help I was really worried that my prized fish was going to be blind or worse. Has anybody with a jardini ever have this problem.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Melafix is snake oil. The tetracycline is what did it. Do another round of that. Melafix does as much good as adding more water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store