Interested in buying giant atlantic lobsters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judson

Feeder Fish
Apr 12, 2014
Canada
I am a lobster fisherman from the east coast of Canada and I have no idea if anybody would be interested in this but I have been catching a few monster lobsters 35" long that weigh over 15lbs! So basically I was wondering if anybody would be interested in having one of these for their tanks? I don't know what kind of price would be fair but with shipping I was thinking around $500 but I have no idea if that would be fair so would be open to offers... The thing about lobsters is you would need a fairly cold tank: 40 to 50 degrees, would be ideal... If you cannot tell I know nothing about aquariums and have never had any fish besides me 5 year old son just got a beta fish for having a good report card lol... Anyways if there is any interest maybe we could work something out, my email isjudson_mitchell@hotmail.com if anybody wants to discuss this further with me.
Thank you,
Judson.IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

Reactions: julnj2

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
What a beast!! We have a few keepers around with the wherewithallforkeeping a monster like this.

Welcome to the site and Good Luck with the sale. That's definitely a conversation piece.

Judson

Feeder Fish
Apr 12, 2014
Canada
Thanks for the welcome, you could eat them but I'm not going to lie, they are not great food once they hit that size the meat turns tough and loses it's sweetness. Has anybody had a pet lobster before? I've always wondered if thete was a market for them in that aspect lol

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Nice big old lobster. Looks like a male. Here in Maine, one can not possess a lobster greater than 5 " CL. I'm guessing most hobbyists don't have the means to maintain a lobster. You might want to contact public aquariums.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
That is soooooo awesome.

I'd love to see a house cats reaction to one of those things creeping across the floor.

Imagine the practical jokes one could pull.......

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I've kept lobsters before but nothing close to that size. I bought 2 market lobster tanks (200 & 225gal) with integrated filtration and cooling systems. But, they're not close to the size needed for a specimen this large. I've raised maine lobster, slipper lobsters, and spiney lobsters in them. I alsoused them as grow out tanks for paddle fish and sturgeons.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
What an addition it would make for large cold sw set up!
Wellcome

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've kept lobsters before but nothing close to that size..
So have I,well temporarily,I once bought two live lobsters from the market and used them to cycle my salt tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store