A Painful Day...

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
So... Was going to buy a 420gal tank. We had it planned for tomorrow. I was excited... The tank was over at the guys mom's house. So today he goes to check on it... He found out his mom THREW IT AWAY... She threw it away a month ago and did so EVEN THOUGH he told her the tank was sold to someone... This guy bought a $6,000 tank and his mom took it to the dump... The tank and oak stand were in perfect condition. It was a huge score for me... I knew people here would understand the pain this guy is going through... So. I'm depressingly back in the market, and he's out about $9k. She also threw away snake and rat breeder racks... I'd strangle my mom if she threw out $9k worth of MY stuff. Didn't even warn him. She just tossed it out...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sounds a little fishy. He either found a better offer, or moms sold it and kept the money. JMO
Yep,and just how did mom go about throwing away a tank of that size?..did she just happen to have a crew of strong fellows on hand and a truck to transport such a tank...I think she had to have some idea of the value of such an item if not know just how much her son paid for the tank so I don't see her just up and throwing it away.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I ask did you ever see the tank in person sounds like a con job. Did you send him a down payment if you gave him nothing I'd say your lucky. Thus the reason mom through said 900 pound tank in the dump. If she did this your lucky she isn't coming to collect money any way.

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
In the city they have the bulk takeaway service. I guess u just put it on the side of the street and order pick up. I've never lived IN a city. So I'm not really sure how it works. And from what I've gathered, its been sitting around in her house for a very long time. She probably knew exactly what the stuff was worth and tossed it out anyway. There ARE people who just plain don't give a crap. Seems psychotic to us. But some people think "oh it's just a tank". It was actually a coincidence that he had a tank sitting around. We'd been talking for a couple days before about reptiles and he mentioned he used to b into big saltwater tanks and had one empty tank laying around. Offered to buy it. And tada. He might b acting. But he seems genuinely pissed about it. Hasn't really talked about anything else.

Bigcatfishrule

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Damn, if I was the son, first up, I WOULDN'T have sold the tank, but if my mum threw it out, I'd go ApeS**t big time.

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Cloudk said:
In the city they have the bulk takeaway service. I guess u just put it on the side of the street and order pick up. I've never lived IN a city. So I'm not really sure how it works. And from what I've gathered, its been sitting around in her house for a very long time. She probably knew exactly what the stuff was worth and tossed it out anyway. There ARE people who just plain don't give a crap. Seems psychotic to us. But some people think "oh it's just a tank". It was actually a coincidence that he had a tank sitting around. We'd been talking for a couple days before about reptiles and he mentioned he used to b into big saltwater tanks and had one empty tank laying around. Offered to buy it. And tada. He might b acting. But he seems genuinely pissed about it. Hasn't really talked about anything else.
Left his stuff at his mom's house for a "very long time," it's been gone a month and he didn't notice, and now it's gone. Sounds like she got fed up with him using her home as a storage unit. I bet she's been telling him for a long time he needed to get it out of her house.

Bigcatfishrule said:
Damn, if I was the son, first up, I WOULDN'T have sold the tank, but if my mum threw it out, I'd go ApeS**t big time.
If he were my son the tank would have left when he moved out or I'd have bought it from him and kept it for myself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store