Good SA or CA cichlid to share 4ftx20inx18in tank with large tandanus cat?

Bigcatfishrule

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Hi all, I'm building a tank 4ft long, by 20in wide by 18in deep for my tandanus catfish. Now, this tank isnt going to be set up for a few years, maybe longer, so I have plenty of time to mull over my options. By that time, my catfish will be 1ft+, and might get a bit much for my fire mouth (which I think is a female), but I am a HUGE new world cichlid fan, and have considered various options for tankmates like an oscar, a jaguar, a jack dempsey, or a green terror. Just wondering what ur opinions on a good tankmate along those lines are. I dont want any aggression problems, so feel free to warn me against a certain species. cheers.

brett0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2013
Australia
I`ve got the green terror , dempsey and jag together at the moment , shouldn`t be a problem with the Tandanus Cat . Not sure i`d house them all in a 4ft tank though.
I`m also discovering how sneaky Jags can be as this is my first one , she tries to eat any fish that is too slow , even if she chokes trying to swallow it.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
What about a salvini real good looking fish that doesn't get too big

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bigcatfishrule

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Victoria, Australia
yeah, I'll check hem out. And to brett0, I said pardon cause your reply only came up with 'I' the first time, sorry for any confusion.

Bigcatfishrule

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Victoria, Australia
the salvinis r pretty agro and relentless from what I've read. I'm now thinking maybe a large pleco, but if that comes up a dead end, I'll go with cichlids again, so keep 'em coming!

brett0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2013
Australia
No worries , was at work and in a hurry and accidentally hit the enter key , you must have been there at that very second.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
What about chocolate cichlid very docile and get to a decent size

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store