Possible shark tank

macca661

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2014
south australia
Hey guys I currently have a 4x2x2 aquarium that houses a 30cm snowflake eel , one 15 cm harlequin tusk one stonefish fairly small and a rabbit fish.
We are looking at building an 8x2x2.5 aquarium to house the eel and stonefish and possibly a smaller species catshark is this appropriate for this size tank as ive read mixed advice or am I going to have to look into a wider tank or possibly a 10 footer thanks for the advice in advance

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Hey guys I currently have a 4x2x2 aquarium that houses a 30cm snowflake eel , one 15 cm harlequin tusk one stonefish fairly small and a rabbit fish.
We are looking at building an 8x2x2.5 aquarium to house the eel and stonefish and possibly a smaller species catshark is this appropriate for this size tank as ive read mixed advice or am I going to have to look into a wider tank or possibly a 10 footer thanks for the advice in advance
8'x3' is pretty much bare minium for sharks, even catsharks. My coral cats are in a 10'x3' and they could use some more room during feeding when there shooting around open water. If your building a tank yourself. 8'x4'x2' is a good size to shoot for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xaenali

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Pakistan
8'x3' is pretty much bare minium for sharks, even catsharks. My coral cats are in a 10'x3' and they could use some more room during feeding when there shooting around open water. If your building a tank yourself. 8'x4'x2' is a good size to shoot for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
+1

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TNTtropical

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
ABC
Yea the length is not as big of a deal as the width the wider the better. Like stated above 3 feet would be better, 4 feet would be an ideal width to shoot for

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store