Red terror ran into sharp driftwood need some suggestions please

robert511

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2013
orange county ca
uploadfromtaptalk1397415757712.jpg
Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App.
This happen 4 days ago to my fault for not cutting a sharp edge . OK I have put her in a 30 gals hospital tank treating with tetracycline as required 25 percent water changes daily stress coat and aquarium salt as required her color is good her breathing is a little heavy not much she does not swim much but she does swim fast if I show her a net so I feel she has some energy to her . I did notice her poop was white stringing . Any thing. Else I should be doing ? Also I keep heat at 81degrees

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
View attachment 1004955
Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App.
This happen 4 days ago to my fault for not cutting a sharp edge . OK I have put her in a 30 gals hospital tank treating with tetracycline as required 25 percent water changes daily stress coat and aquarium salt as required her color is good her breathing is a little heavy not much she does not swim much but she does swim fast if I show her a net so I feel she has some energy to her . I did notice her poop was white stringing . Any thing. Else I should be doing ? Also I keep heat at 81degrees
Feed well, proteins help regeneration process, and basically patience.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
My suggestion would be to stop treating with Tetracyclene. Do a 75% water change and 50% daily water changes. Dose the thank with aquarium salt 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water. Replace salt removed by daily water changes. Ie if you change 15 gallons of water replace 3 tablespoons of salt. Do this until you see new skin growth over the wound about a week. Claen water will will prevent infection or fungus from taking hold. You could also put a drop of iodine directly on the wound site if you thik it's not healing but if you keep the water it should not be necessary.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store