Awesome catfish thread!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Just thought I'd make a thread where people can post pics of their and other's awesome catfish. Could be as plain as a skittish cory or as interesting as an albino piraiba. Also if people want to post about rarely seen or exotic catfish feel free to as well. This isn't really a serious thread, just something to look at and contribute to in your free time.

I'll get this started:
(I'm going to post the catfish's names in order of the pics above the photos)

Plotosus lineatus
cnidoglanis macrocephalus
SB Platinum Phractocephalus hemioliopterus (my dream fish)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Those lineatus are awwome:) never heard much info on them, could you give me sum info? I'm setting up a big tank in the coming months and want some interesting cats in there.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Those lineatus are awwome:) never heard much info on them, could you give me sum info? I'm setting up a big tank in the coming months and want some interesting cats in there.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Ive never kept any of those catfish I just think they're cool. They are saltwater though. From my knowledge they get about 12" give or take an inch. Need to be kept in schools of 5+. Are not reef safe even though they live on reefs in native they will often year apart corals trying to eat invertibrates. I'd say minnimum tank size is 125 with 180 being better. These are difinitely more suited for a FOWLR tank. That's what I know about them anyway.

here is the PC link: http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=91

Reactions: Fishman Dave
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store