One of our lfs closed down last night...

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I'm in Texas. Apparently he had stingrays, someone reported him, he couldn't bounce back from the fines.

I didn't shop there for various reasons but it sucks. I feel bad for the guy. As the song goes... "The law won".

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Those must have been some pretty steep fines to cause him to close down...not sure if he was selling the really expensive types and making good money at it or not but in the end the profits weren't worth it.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
He was a nice guy. A poor business man but a nice guy. It's sad to see his store go under.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
If you break the law, its now if you get caught, but when. He should have known better.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
From an outside view, hearing 'nice guy' and 'illegal animal trade' in the same sentence is a little conflicting.
The three biggest black markets are drugs, weapons and animals. Never worth thinking you are above the law.

kingofthejungle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2012
Virginia
From an outside view, hearing 'nice guy' and 'illegal animal trade' in the same sentence is a little conflicting.
The three biggest black markets are drugs, weapons and animals. Never worth thinking you are above the law.
I think people/sex trafficking is bigger than the animal trade but I agree it's the risk he was willing to take so he got burned. What happened to all his stock? Equipment and live stock?

flyboy367

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
sayreville, nj
I feel your pain. While not for illegal reasons my lfs owners decided to retire and sold the building. Now im stuck with a 2 hour ride to find cool stuff or cookie cutter chain stores that carry junk fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store