Oscar and Green Terror???

Balduron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
NC
I have been thinking about a tank mate for my Oscar in his new home. He now lives ina 75G(48"L, 18"W, 21"T, ) I have thought about getting a Green Terror and growing it out in my 29 to about 6 inches(does it get bigger than that??) and then transfering it to the 75. But I am not sure that the Oscar would even allow another fish in there, she has absolutely nothing to so with the Pleco that is there.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated....

Bald

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
get at least a 90gal and then think about it again. Both of those fish are gonna get LARGE.....and are relatively aggressive, the Green Terror more so, so keepin them both in the 75 is gonna be pushing ur luck. Specially at those sizes.

AmazonPredator

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
Green terrors tend to grow slow and the oscar will by far beat the terror in size. You're gonna need an older green terror in with a much younger oscar. Green terrors reach at least 10'' in length.

Balduron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
NC
Thanks, I wasn't sure about it. The Oscar is already 10" or more. I might just have to leave her in there with the Pleco, hehe.

Or are there any other suggestions for this set up??

thanks

Bald

searcyb

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2005
Illinois
you can put just about anything that is going to be less agressive than the oscar and you can add fish at any size over 2-3 inches provided that you have enough places in the tank for the other fish to hide. see my tank for ideas i have two 8 inch oscars and 15 other fish in there with them. I would look at getting a bigger tank at least 125g.

Good Luck

AmazonPredator

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
Oscars can be wimpy, though. I put a red devil that was about 5'' in size with an oscar a bit bigger in size and he destroyed the oscar over night. Don't make the same mistake I did... ;)

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
Itd depend on how aggresive your Oscar is. an Ive seen Green terrors close to 10"s but that takes awhile.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store