Any advice or tips from experience ???

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Hey guys I ordered a jardini arowana from Pet Zone in San Diego today and I was wondering if any of you guys had tips or tricks or general info on jars. I have kept arowana but only silver and black so I'm new to the jardini aspect. I will house him in a 180 gallon 6x2x2 all to himself On Pet Zones site they said it's approximately 5-6 inches I've read about them but I just want some first hand knowledge and experiences from you guys

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Make sure you lids on tight ( as you'll already know as you've had arows before) my 22" jar was really heavy set and strong used to smash the lid off my tank even with weights on it , found him on floor few times few very close calls :)
I've found as a varied diet try avoid live until pellets are going down regularly then only as a treat jars are really stubborn when I comes to food ,I've never used live feeders out of choice ;) only really worms mealworms and earthworms work well you can feed silkworms but again as a treat there full of fat and addictive as crack to jars suppose fishy equivalent to a bigmac :D , hikari carni sticks they love , raw prawn/shrimp brings out the colours well . I also feed mine muscles and whitebait once they get bigger both to cut food bills down and to mix it up a bit keep him interested
Hope this has helped not really much more I can say as your not an aro noob and you clearly know about the aggression problems already hence the tank to himself ;) tankmates can be possible I've found big spikey cats work well irwini , Niger etc
Look forward to seeing updates on your jar keep us posted , good luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
98% of Jars are mean and will kill everything. Do not compare with south americans.

Try to convert it to pellets, because all those worms are very high in fat and may be problematic.

Do a search in MFK. Tons of info.

Enjoy the Jar! Impressive beasts.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I know they are meanies haha that's why he will be in a 180 6x2x2 all to himself mabye just mabye a female dovii but most likely he will be alone and also All what worms are bad for him I won't get him until Wednesday and all The worms I plan to feed him will be the occasional bloodworms and occasional red worms and silk worms. I am planning to feed him hikari jumbo carnisticks, freeze dried krill. Fresh tilapia fillets, fresh market shrimp with shell on, muscles, scallops, clams, silk worms, red worms, meal worms, beetles, crawfish and any other foods he takes to_Of course all portions will be sized to his size and I won't feed him anything he isn't ready for. The foods I have listed I have fed to my other arowanas before so I know they aren't bad for him I DO NOT plan to feed him night crawlers, cooked foods, table scraps, seasoned foods, hotdogs, mammalian meat, etc...

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Can u please do an unboxing vid when you get the jar? :D

I want to but I don't know how to upload vids and my computer is broken so I can only use the mobile app. I read the stickies but still can't figure out how. I will record it and I will take many pictures if I can't figure out how to post a vid I will definitely post a lot of pics of the unboxing and the introduction to the tank

David1999

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
SoCal
I want to but I don't know how to upload vids and my computer is broken so I can only use the mobile app. I read the stickies but still can't figure out how. I will record it and I will take many pictures if I can't figure out how to post a vid I will definitely post a lot of pics of the unboxing and the introduction to the tank

If u have a YouTube account, upload onto there :D I've seen unboxing vids but not unboxing a jar. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store