135g leaking?????

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
So I just got my 135 running and I'm noticing the water level drop slightly each day. I've looked under, around and everywhere but no sign of water leaking. Feeling stumped :/

Sent from my LGMS769 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Lgw

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
So I just got my 135 running and I'm noticing the water level drop slightly each day. I've looked under, around and everywhere but no sign of water leaking. Feeling stumped :/

Have you got lids on the tank? Sounds like evaporation to me.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
There is glass tops on it. That seems like slot of evaporation ,

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
If its around 75 degrees you dont lose too much to evaporation, if its above 80 your going to lose A TON... And if you have cracks in your lids and air stones or surface agitation your going to lose even more. My sump runs dry which is a 35 gallon I top off every week to the brim. So a good 25 gallons evaporates from it weekly lol! Thats why I favor huge sumps, only reason why I'm sticking with the 35 is cause I cant even get a 55 in through the doors haha.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
If its around 75 degrees you dont lose too much to evaporation, if its above 80 your going to lose A TON... And if you have cracks in your lids and air stones or surface agitation your going to lose even more. My sump runs dry which is a 35 gallon I top off every week to the brim. So a good 25 gallons evaporates from it weekly lol! Thats why I favor huge sumps, only reason why I'm sticking with the 35 is cause I cant even get a 55 in through the doors haha.
Well it's 82° but my 55 gal and 29 gal tanks are at same temp and it does evaporate but not at this rate. I'll lower all my tanks to 80 maybe 78

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
the 135 has a larger foot print or surface area that should yield more evaporation, I too noticed theres also a big difference from my 55's to my 220 in terms of evaporation.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
the 135 has a larger foot print or surface area that should yield more evaporation, I too noticed theres also a big difference from my 55's to my 220 in terms of evaporation.
Okay. Thanks. Its a used tank this is y I asked. Also when I first started the 405s one was leaking a lot (just the o-ring) and there was a huge puddle under the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store