Stocking a 600 Litre

samrowe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Essex
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I currently have a 75 gallon planted aquarium which is fully stocked now. Some how I managed to persuade my parents (I am 14) to allow me to buy a 150 gallon. It is a Rena 600 with dimensions of 200 x 50 x 70cm. I understand it isn't a HUGE tank as I have read posts on here with people have tanks that go into thousands of gallons.
I would like to know anyone who has a tank this size and what they have stocked it with or someone who has a good idea on what set-up to do. (An interesting/uncommon biotope maybe?)
I will be grateful for any replies.

Thanks, Sam :)

Joao M

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2010
Portugal
Hi Sam,

First of all, welcome to the forum.It´s nice to see someone your age asking before buying.

So, if your idea is to have an interesting and different biotope,

- and you like predatory fish, and considering your are in the UK, I would suggest you look into Channas (snakeheads). I believe a group of 5 Channa pleurophtalma or Channa lucius would look very nice in that tank;

- if your prefer docile coloured fish, you could set up an Oceania "rainbow fish theme tank" with a large group of Melanotaenia and Glossolepis (google them if you don´t know the species) with lots of plants and some bottom dwellers;

- if you like (different) cichlids, you could try a Madagascarian theme with a group of Paratilapia poelleni;

- or even a lage group of "Frontosa cichlids" that will make a nice calm tank;

- or an amazon theme and taking advantage of the height of the tank you may have a group of Peru Altum angels.

You have lots of possibilities.
Enjoy your new tank.

samrowe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Essex
Joao M - Thanks for the reply, I like the sound of some of those ideas, especially the Snakeheads or Frontosa's. Amazon biotopes are probably the most commonly known biotope tanks but if they're hardscaped well they can look amazing! My problem is getting my hands on the wood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store