Better water change hose? (Not python please)

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
I live in an apartment complex. I use a hose that goes from my tank to bathtub that I start a siphon with. Then I have a fitting which attaches to my shower head that i use to fill the tank. My only problem is I'm using a Watts hose from Home Depot and the thing twists and kinks horribly. Has anyone had luck with anything else? Where can I find perhaps a more kink resistant hose?

No python systems please.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
They sell garden hoses that are kink resistence (Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart). I just use cheapo garden hoses and just carefully coil them up after I'm done.....no kiniking issue.

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
Yeah I may end up going that route. I'll have to get a reduction adapter to work with my shower head output. Ahh well.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
med duty garden hose for me...roll it up & :)store it in the house, no problems so far

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin

Arthur

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2005
michigan
I use a garden hose as well, and use a mag 9.5 in a rubbermaid in the tub for refills. No adapters necessary

Big Jay

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
Northeast
I went the garden hose route. I fabricated a PVC "candy cane" that hooks onto the tank and auto drains to a specified level. I can walk away and do something else while it drains. On the other end I bought a brass adapter that hooks up to my shower head. Worked like a charm last night. Didn't have to lug a single bucket.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I fabricated a PVC "candy cane" that hooks onto the tank and auto drains to a specified level.
Here's my "candy cane"
toi3.jpg
toi2.jpgtoi.jpg

This set-up is what I use for the tanks in the upstairs tank and just a regular garden hose for my 180 in the basement

toi3.jpg

toi.jpg

toi2.jpg

Amber n The Boss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2014
Toledo, Ohio
What don't you like about a Python? I just bought one earlier in the week and it's the best thing I've purchased. Before hand I've done the whole 5g bucket thing to a 55g tank. I'm not doing that with my new 150...lol. So I bought a Python. Got a 50' from Petco.com for $60

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store