best way to catch and move large fish

adr_93

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2013
coral springs, florida
I want to know the best way to move a large fish for my benefit as well as the fish's health . The fish is a foot long arowana. I know its not large but the agility and the way it jumps out have made previous attemps awful. It leeped out the bucket back into the tank once and I had to start the process all over again. Is a net the best way? I dont want it to get caught in it and cause it Injury. Thanks for advice.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Largest net possible. Rubber maid containers. Can even drill holes to add battery air pump. I just moved a ton of large fish. Worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

adr_93

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2013
coral springs, florida
Ill give the pillow case a try. Sounds like the best choice next to net, but net gets caught up.
Thanks everyone, getting this aro a bigger home.

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
your best bet is to get a fish box from your local fish store ask them if they have any large shipping bags,or get a heavy duty contractor garbage bag,let the fish swim into bag then let enough water out of bag while you hold it closed,then put in fish box and fill with enough water to cover fish about six inches with water.and do the opposite when you put fish back into new tank. It would be a good idea not to feed fish for a day or two so waste does not deplete oxygen as fast. its really not hard to do, I have done it many times and never had a problem. How long do you plan to keep fish in bag?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store