Seachem Purigen

Scorpio

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2008
Queens, NY
Pardon my ignorance but I don’t understand something about Seachem Purigen. I read some threads and the only thing I found is that the product is fantastic and works wonders in the aquarium. I would like to use it in my 90g since I noticed the water a little cloudy. I have the impression there is something in the water, maybe ICK because the fish makes strange moves and rubs against the decoration and gravels. Is Seachem Purigen a powder or gravel? How do you introduce it in the filter? Do I have to use a mesh bag? Where do you put it? In my 2217 I have ceramic rings and Seachem Matrix Bio-media. Please I’ll appreciate your comments.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
They sell 2 kinds of Purigen. The kind in a mesh bag. And the kind that you pour into a mesh bag that you buy. Just get the kind that they put in tbe bag for you. You'd put it in the top of your canister. Just open the top of the Eheim and put the Purigen bag right on top of the media you have in there. It's great for getting wood stains outta the water. I don't know how much it clarifies, but I have real clear water without it, so I can't really say. You recharge when it turns dark brown by putting it in bleach. Then put it in Prime to neutralize chlorine before you put it back in your canister.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
it seems to help my tank.. :)x2 on how to use

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store