Roadside Score!

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
Found this tank near my old neighborhood the lady who was getting rid of it said go ahead and take it. The tank looked solid other than the brace so I grabbed it. I would guess it's around 55gal or near that.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1397582500.192555.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1397582524.823664.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1397582551.156053.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice,hard to turn down a free tank of any size lol.What are you going to do about a lid or cover?

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
I might have to make a plastic lid with some materials from home, otherwise i have a friend who does glass windows/doors that could probably make me a lid once I get the dimensions. Shouldn't cost me to much either way.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Cool and I was going to suggest going to a glass shop and having them cut a pane of the appropriate shape and size but you seem to have it covered.

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
Cool and I was going to suggest going to a glass shop and having them cut a pane of the appropriate shape and size but you seem to have it covered.
Yeah that's a good idea just glad the thing holds water, do you think I should repair the brace? Or just seal up the edges and go for it.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I would repair it.Get an old hood and cut a plastic strip from it and glue it to the brace..I said glue but there is stronger stuff you can get but I can't remember what it is called...I've seen it in auto parts stores and it comes in a syringe like tube with two kinds of substances that you mix together before applying.

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
I would repair it.Get an old hood and cut a plastic strip from it and glue it to the brace..I said glue but there is stronger stuff you can get but I can't remember what it is called...I've seen it in auto parts stores and it comes in a syringe like tube with two kinds of substances that you mix together before applying.
Jb weld?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Lead20

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2013
NY
Nice sounds like a plan I'll head over to the auto place when I get a chance and keep an eye out for that substance. I have an old aquarium light I can pull some strong plastic off of. I'm excited to get started, just have to get off of work first :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Pep Boys has a big selection lol and I think it might be better than silicone for this job...The stuff is like plastic once it dries...keep us posted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store