Goonch ID Please

brewerytattooer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
Rochester NY
Hello everybody,

Just pick this guy up this weekend. To my understanding there are a couple different species of Goonch. Please let me know what you think i have.

So here he is.goonch 007.JPGgoonch 010.JPG

goonch 007.JPG

goonch 010.JPG

brewerytattooer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
Rochester NY
Thank you guys for all the help. He has been home for about 3 days now. any tips on getting him to settle into his new home would be great. tried to feed him last night, but no go. probably going to take a bit.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Put a powerhead on the bottom in front of a flat rock and he'll just chill there all day. It might take time to get it to start eating but try to get it onto pellets. Keep up on wc's cuz they're extremely sensitive and good luck. In the past few months, a lot of us lost our goonches to unknown causes and a lot of us, I really mean A LOT. Hopefully you'll have better luck

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brewerytattooer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
Rochester NY
Thanks for the info. Power head going into the tank today. and by colder water do you mean take the heater out all together? My house temp is around 70. Fingers crossed that i don't lose this guy.

brewerytattooer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
Rochester NY
Yeah i have a pretty big sponge filter in the tank with him so the water is plenty oxygenated. Just put the powerhead in there. this is what the setup looks like so far.

fish 034.JPG

fish 034.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store