My prized Queen

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
She is around the 11 mark last time I measured her . That was a month ago. I haven't taken her out of the tank for about 3 years now so im not really sure how large she is ! I have been looking for a male for her for the last 4 years. She has killed 2 males but yet she will be housed with other south's and centrals no problem. She only seems to have a problem when the other fish try to fight eachother. I call her my regulator !!

winston.smith

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2014
ny
She has killed 2 males !!
Why not keep them separated until she is receptive?

My female got a bit chewed up (*I just happen to post apic of here here: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?577913-P-loisellie-close-up/page3
-when she was like that. Mind you this happened because the male went over the divider (there was about a half inch room) -afterwards I used a flat rock to fill in that gap. Kept them apart about another week or two. When I saw her trying to get through the divider, reciprocating the male's rapid up and down swimming,, and her belly fat with eggs.. I removed the divider,, No problems since/.
I have some pix of some of their fry and the male here: http://ajl.smugmug.com/Jaguar-Cichlids -and in my MFK albums. IM raising up 3 from the first spawning.

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
Thank you . I still have her and she is starting to get human aggressive . She attacks the net and gravel siphon now. I may end up with stitches one of these days between the dovi and the female jag lol

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
That is a very very nice female there, you definitely should breed her, it would be a shame to loose her genes.

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I have been trying. She drops eggs just kills every male I attempt to put her with. Yet she doesn't harm any other fish I don't get it ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store