how to: introducing new aro

runninlow

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2012
minnesota
Alright guys so ive been here for a while searching through the forums to try and get things straight here.
attach is my new 150 gallon tank set up. tank.jpg
i have 1 arowana who is about a foot and a half long. after moving him/her into the tank ive decided i will add him/her a partner. the other day at the LFS i found another silver that just about the same size. what im worried about is should and how would i introduce the new one into the tank. there is more then enough space for another one but im just worried that after introducing them one might kill the other or cause a large amount of damage to the new one.
Them im also asking for advise on how i would introduce the new one into the tank as well.

my aro isnt too fond of me after its big move.(75 to a 150) it jumped out during the process. also after the jump i keep having a feeling that its a thrill seeker now and wouldnt mind jumping again if i try to even touch it.

please enlighten me with some ideas and how i should go about this.

thanks all.!

tank.jpg

Joao M

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2010
Portugal
My best advise is: don´t do it.

It´s very difficult to have 2 arowanas in one tank, specially in a small one.

At the end of the day, 1 silver in a 150 is a bad idea; 2 is a terrible idea

Sorry for being so direct, but I believe it´s better you know upfront- before trying and loosing 1 or the 2 silvers - that this is simply not going to work

runninlow

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2012
minnesota
sounds great! quick and easy answer. i will just keep with my original idea and run a discuss and arowana tank. I just wanted my aro to have a partner that would be able to swim with him/her. My initial though was that it would not work since i know the size these amazing fish can grow to.

gamelovers11223

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2013
NY
I have two silvers in a 210. I took the risk and just put the 24" newbie in, to meet with my 21" aro. No issues at all: they swim together, eat together, never fight. They even brush up against each other often.

calibigrob

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Worldwide
I have two 24in in my 180gal My hi-shine die n I found a replacement 26in There was no issue with the new arowana at all If u see them gettin rough add some food , tht might take there mind off each other

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

azura

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2011
Aros World
if its only silver or black the chance for comm is quite high ... they quite gentle in manor n behavior but you should consider bigger tank to house them
but if you try comm just 2 asian aro then dont ...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store