Anyone into target shooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Target shooting is one of my favorite hobbies. I only get to go about every 6-8 weeks due to family obligations. But before kids I used to go shooting every weekend. I would love to talk with other people in the hobby. I would like to get into IDPA or ICORE. I don't shoot competitively now because there aren't any competitions close to me.

My favorite platform is Revolvers I also enjoy 1911's (and no I am not a old fart lol). I have some semi autos but I shoot mostly revolvers. If I had the room I would love to get into long range rifle stuff as well but living in NY we don't have the long ranges that the boys in the mid-west do. Just picked up a 6" ruger gp100 so I can do a little longer range as far as hand guns go.

So anyways would love to talk gear and stuff let me know what you have and the type of shooting you do.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Don't want to poop in your pudding but discussion of this topic is probably forbidden.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Really!? oh geeez:shakehead. What about archery? Not even talking about hunting nothing is getting killed but paper and tin cans.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That might still be allowed.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Your right just read it in the rules, right under drugs and alcohol. Never would have thought it was an issue. Really feel like I was born 50 years to late.

Duncan6618

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2009
Texas
I like target shooting on my property. My favorite is with my Henry lever action 22. I find it more fun than a semi automatic and it has an old west feel. I don't do it much now since 22lr ammo is so hard to find and ridiculously expensive. Hopefully someday all the preppers will realize the world isn't ending and will quit stockpiling ammo.

pigoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2013
United States
Hopefully someday all the preppers will realize the world isn't ending and will quit stockpiling ammo.
This can actually be a good thing. If the preppers are buying lots & lots of ammo...then manufacturers will produce more & more of the ammo. If a lot are produced & and a lot is purchased...eventually production will catch up with demand...then prices will come down. Hopefully the preppers will eventually have enough ammo (or run out of money);)...and availabilty will go up.:)

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Your right just read it in the rules, right under drugs and alcohol. Never would have thought it was an issue. Really feel like I was born 50 years to late.
It wasnt an issue for the longest time. In fact the gun threads were some of the most active by a long shot. One particular person made it an issue by what I assume was a drunken fit and cause a giant scene that got the lounge closed. Unfortunately now it is a no no topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store