What are the best catfish foods ?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Same response as to your cichlid thread:

love new life spectrum, and I think that it can be fed alone to most fish.

But since the texture of new life is often very hard and dense, fish do not like to take it.

I got around this and supplemented my fishes diet by making it into a gel food.

I grind the new life with nori, and spirulina.

I add that powder to salmon, scallops, silversides, shrimp, krill, mysis, spirulina brine, "reef plankton", bloodworms, garlic, pumpkin, spinach, tomato, sweet potato, vitamins and more.

Everyone Ive ever given this to has eaten it.

Monstrous

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2013
Singapore
Best is a term defined differently by different peeps. It would be helpful to tell us what catfish you are keeping to help narrow your answer? Its like, kind of weird to feed cories fillets and such?
And for me, I have masivores for my big cats and smaller pellets for the smaller ones

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Cichlids....lol...any kind of cut market fish, wc frozen fish, most market seafoods, worms, and of course pellets. Varied diet is the most important in my opinion, just dont feed too much of any one given food item. Cats especially will take almost anything. But as others stated, naming ur species may help with some more specific food items.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Ueah should mentioned what cats duh Well dont have them yet one tank is just about done cycling and the larger tank is being set up in the next couple of months
Smaller tank either a spotted raph or asian bumble bee
Large tank one of the following jaguar , giant bumble bee, bolt, or eclipse cat.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Rokuzachi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2013
Oregon
I second NLS. I haven't found something better yet than their Finnicky Fish, Thera +A and Grow formulas.

All of my fish for the past 3 years have gotten some type of NLS.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store