Does this sound correct?

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
I have gars which are breathing oddly, using their lower jaws to do what looks like they are passing water over their gills. I have never had an issue with the oxygen in the water, I previously had 6 stingrays, 2 nile perch, a GATF, and a red tail in the same set up, most of those fish were temporary, all but one has been sold.

I have 5 gars and 1 stingray presently. I suspect the gars have some sort of gill parasite preventing them from breathing correctly, no excessive breaths are taken.

I have disolved 110 tablespoons of salt into around 4 gallons water, during the water change tomorrow I was going to add the salt. The tank is a 180 gallon 6x2x2. I didn't add the complete dosage of salt for the tank, I don't want to shock the fish to much.

Salt is very cheap where I live, if I need to throw away the salt water no problem.

Should I add it in portions, all at once, don't add it at all?

How exactly should I do this? Could someone please walk me through this?

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
Haha yeah I didn't think of that, the measurement said 110 so I just did 110 it only took 5 minutes.

Are those the right measurements anyways though?

Yeah I was thinking like a fourth of it every few hours, or just drip method it all in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store