How to get a monster tank in your house?

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
I have a line on an 8x4x3 acrylic tank but am having trouble figuring out how to get it into my basement. The halls and interior walkways are all 37" so I should be ok once inside but the doors even the slider are around 33". I have a few double windows that would be wide enough to fit through if removed but that seems like a big job. Has anyone figured anything like this out? If I have to go the window removal route has anyone had this done and have an idea on what it would cost? Thanks.

johnny potatoes

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2010
Dewey
Honestly removing windows is not to difficult. The sliding window should just lift out, there is a middle piece that is held in by two screws. Once the middle piece is out you slide the fixed window towards the middle and it should lift out just like the sliding window did. The same holds true for sliding doors, once the sliding part is out there is usually a few screws that hold the fixed part in place. Take a little time to really look at how the whole assembly is put together is really not difficult.
I will say not all windows are the same especially the retrofit style windows and of course some are harder than others to remove. Good luck

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
Never done it for a fish tank but out pool table had to be on the second floor of our house and there was no way getting it up the stairs so they removed the window frame, it was removed in under 30 minutes and one can hardly tell it was removed.

Your lucky the tanks acrylic, I have the same size in glass and I wouldn't even consider trying to lift it anywhere if the trolley cant get under the stand and move it it stays where it is!

Good luck!

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
If you are afraid to do the suggested then completely dis assemble the tank remove all silicone and take it in in pieces then just re silicone that's the only other way that can be easily done

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
Popping the sliding glass is the easy part. I wish you luck on the interior walls. Might have to remove moldings, thermostats, air vents, or light switches if those are in the way. I'd look for extra people to move it as it may be easy to scratch it and you don't quite have enough room to cover it next to the walls. Otherwise, perhaps tape down paper with masking tape all around. A nick or two would be very disappointing.

Sounds great!! I would make it work if I had it.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I own my own moving company and things like this is what I love to run into. wish I could see the layout and tank in person and I could totally help!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store