100 gallon stocking

SMSChris

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2014
Earth
Ok so this is my first time venturing into African cichlids after having kept central and South American cichlids for many years. However, I wanted to change it up a bit so I decided to try out the mbuna. The tank is a 4' 100 gallon that I got for real cheap. Currently my stock is as follows and I'll start adding/removing some as time goes on. I got every single fish here for free with the exception of the danios, so lucky me. My stock is:

5 Giant Danios
4 Yellow Labs
4 Red Zebra
3 Kenyi
2 Auratus
1 Senegal Bichir aka Gilligan
1 Common Pleco until I can find a BN
and my precious juvenile Red Devil that I just couldn't part with.

So, thoughts or ideas as to what I have? I know I need a few more auratus and Kenyi to help curb aggression. And if my devil, which has always been unusually passive, starts getting aggressive, I already have a tank set aside for him.

grail63

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Arizona
Nope I would not mix those fish. The Red Devil is to aggressive. eventually will outgrow the tank and probably kill everything else in the process. Senegal Bichirs are predatory and will eat anything that can fit in there mouth. http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile41.html They also require a heavy protein diet. The cichlids you listed are all mbuna and are primarily algae grazers. Feeding them the same protein diet as the bichir will likely lead them to bloat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store