Uromastyx substrate?

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
That is not a suitable substrate for a uro, or any animal for that matter. This stuff is NOT digestible and if ingested an cause an impaction, which could be fatal. IMO that crushed walnut should not even be sold as a reptile subtrate. I recommend using the exo-terra sand, I've been using it for years without issue.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
No. Walnut will cause impaction. Go with Millett from your local pet/large animal supply store.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
That is not a suitable substrate for a uro, or any animal for that matter. This stuff is NOT digestible and if ingested an cause an impaction, which could be fatal. IMO that crushed walnut should not even be sold as a reptile subtrate. I recommend using the exo-terra sand, I've been using it for years without issue.
Ok thanks guys.

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
I also recommend millet. It is easy to clean and they can eat it.

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
How did I miss this. I agree that walnut is absolutely horrible. I used to keep my philbyi on sand and that worked, but he wasn't able to burrow. I Gave him a sand soil mixture similar to what people give monitors and he loves it. I have seen an increase in appetite and activity in him as well as others that have been switched.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store