Vendor questions

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Who here still buys from John (Snookn)?

Am I the only one who sees his customer relations going downhill? I say he had XLG L191's listed so I emailed him asking for more specific info. It took 2 weeks and 3 emails to get the info I wanted. They weren't quite what I was looking for so I decided on one of his L330. I sent him another email:

He John I want to order an L330 and have it shipped to me next Tuesday. I will pay as soon as you reply.

Pretty strait forward right? He replied 2 days later and I sent him my billing info. Thinking everything was okey dokey and having a total for my order I went to sleep. Then today I got this email.

Hi I sent you a paypal invoice you can pay it with your credit card. I made a mistake on the shipping it will cost 38.00 for over night shipping and not 21.00 I did not know you are in the panhandle it cost more for your area. I don't know how to*or have time to look up zip codes.
It would have been much easier if you would have told me your in*panama city. The new total is 114.00 and not 97.00 Let me know if you still want him.
Thanks John

So i gave him all my info and he sent me a PayPal bill for one amount. Then for reasons unknown he changed the total. I have ordered from him, my brother has ordered from him and other people in my same are have ordered and it has always been the FL price he advertises on his website. How does someone who ships fish for a living lack the ability to look up zip codes? I have said nothing but good things about him. I always recommended him to others, but I won't be doing business with him anymore. If me spending my hard earned on your product is an inconvience to you someone else will gladly accept it.

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
This is not going to end well, so were you satisfied with your water mellon.

teqvet

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
SE
I wound up not ordering it due to the unexplained 80% increase in shipping cost.
We're in a different shipping zone than the rest of Florida (I'm further west than you, in Pensacola). He used to be able to get through with the cheaper over night fedex fee, but my guess is a few orders through panhandle customers proved problematic. I too used to get the cheap florida shipping charge, but the last 2 orders i made through him were full priced. Again, my guess is a few shipments might have not made it to the destination in the panhandle as promised, and fedex stuck it to snookn as it never 'guaranteed' arrival within that time frame for that shipping zone.

This is just the logical assumption I came to when I saw the full price shipping charge on my 2 invoices.

Doesn't bother me though, for the most part I still get quality stock from him (my red head taps and alot of plecos) save for the one L14 I am currently trying to figure out with the sunken belly.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
We're in a different shipping zone than the rest of Florida (I'm further west than you, in Pensacola). He used to be able to get through with the cheaper over night fedex fee, but my guess is a few orders through panhandle customers proved problematic. I too used to get the cheap florida shipping charge, but the last 2 orders i made through him were full priced. Again, my guess is a few shipments might have not made it to the destination in the panhandle as promised, and fedex stuck it to snookn as it never 'guaranteed' arrival within that time frame for that shipping zone.

This is just the logical assumption I came to when I saw the full price shipping charge on my 2 invoices.

Doesn't bother me though, for the most part I still get quality stock from him (my red head taps and alot of plecos) save for the one L14 I am currently trying to figure out with the sunken belly.

I never once questioned his stock. I'm sure the Plecos would have been amazing and healthy. And if I'm in a different shipping zone okey dokey. That's not my issue. I literally sent him all of my info, he gave me a price, I went to pay and then all of the sudden the price went up. He was extremely rude, acted like this was all my fault and that I tried to trick him into cheaper shipping.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
??? I never said you did. I was just following my own experience based off the previous posters question.

I thought that's what you were asking for.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I was just agreeing. His stock has always been top notch. I just wanted to clarify my specific issue I guess. Thanks for the input :)

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I have gotten plenty of orders from snookn21. Not one complaint. I ordered some bass from him a few weeks ago. Fish came in great and I got a bonus royal pleco with my order. His prices on fish and shipping beat all other vendors IMO so I will continue to do business with John. Top notch in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I have tried to order from him twice. It just became too difficult. Each time I would put my order together he would ok it and then get back to me he no longer had the fish. Then a day would go by and I would get another email oh by the way he found more fish. I have heard good things about his fish so maybe one day.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I haven't ordered from him but he seems to no longer be a vendor here and I was wondering about that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store