Rescued hbrtg need help!

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Was supposed to be a 14 inch hbrtg but turned out to be more like 18. It has a bit of soft tissue gill curl on the one side, due to the fact it was in a 60 gallon. I only have a 950 gph powerhead and my two fx6s for current and my tank is only 18 wide (32 tall). Not the best dimensions but it's better than a 60 gallon. Anyways is there a chance of me fixing the gill curl in my set up? The tank is 6ft. I will add salt and try my best to keep the water as pristine as possible. Thanks!

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
poor guy I feel terrible for him. although I am not an use on information to help this guy but atleast you are doing better than the last person.... hope you nurse him back to health. GL

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Don't get me wrong... I know it needs a larger tank, and I am working on it. I just want to know if I have a chance of fixing the gill curl in this set up. It might be a month or two before I get my new setup running. I also have a 150 gallon 4ftx 2.5ft acrylic that I could put it in for the wait if you guys think that would be better for the fish. I pointed my 2 fx6s and powerhead in the same direction and I will add some salt tomorrow. Is the amount indicated on the box the amount I need to add in to help the arowana? I've had scaleless fish in my tank for the past while so I haven't been able to add it in before. The tinfoil barbs and hopefully the leporinus will be rehomed tomorrow and the gar I got from the same place I got the arowana from.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Thanks thebroc. I couldn't believe it was in that small of a tank. I'm almost considering swapping out this tank for a standard 180 gallon, just to have that extra 6 inches of width.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store