Is there a spreadsheet for DIY spray bar holes?

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
As title says, is there a spread sheet that anyone knows by chance?

Looking to do a 8' spraybar for the bottom of my tank for a quiet one 4000. Something to help motivate the movement.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
My fx5 had 1"tubing so I found the area for a 1" circle and divided by the number of wholes to determine the size of the holes.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
I got 1" PVC for my 8' spraybar. Would it be best to split the outlet and have both ends of the spray bar pushing in hopes for an even disbursement of water?

I was thinking 1' from the quiet one 4000 up to the top of the tank. Once going in, drop it to 3/4" down to the 1" spray bar.

Or make the spray bar out of 3/4" with dual inputs.

Im looking to get high flow out of the spray bar.

Any thoughts?

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
Looking to do a 8' spraybar for the bottom of my tank

Im looking to get high flow out of the spray bar.
If you are looking for high flow don't put the bar in the bottom of your tank. The lower the bar is in tank will increase the positive pressure on the outside of it making it harder for the pump to deliver then if it was mounted towards the surface and angled downwards.

The smaller the holes the more velocity you will have at the expense of volume.
If you want the most volume keep the holes on the larger side for 1" pipe I would go 1/4"-5/8" holes.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Thanks. I guess trial and error is my friend here. I'm trying to get the debree on the bottom to kick up a little more.

I think i'll do 1" from the pump to the top of my tank and split it to 3/4" with the bar. I'll update when I start

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store