New baby silver

jwowoski

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New York
I picked up a baby silver the other week. I've tried feeding him blood worms.. Doesn't take it. He's really small should I try pellets now? And one of his front barb antennas is broken will that grow back?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1397833408.244696.jpg

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
It will grow back don't worry. When I bought my silver he was very skittish but over the course of time I was able to not only pet him but pick him out of the tank at his own will yours will turn out just fine the barbels on his lower jaw will grow back and if they don't you can always clip them in the future but odds are with good water and diet they will grow back. As for food I used to feed mine
baby brine shrimp(frozen) blood worms(frozen), red worms, and anything else he would eat at that size like if he is big enough try baby live crickets sometimes moving food is what they need. Or you could try small meal worms. If you are really worried for his life go buy some guppys and see if he will eat those. I don't recommend the guppy choice but I mean If he is that small and hasent eaten for a week and you have tried all the foods I've listed what else can you do. When they are small below 6 inches don't try to starve them to get them on pellets as they are at a very fragile state at that small size. Feed him what he will eat and what he wants to eat until he has put on some bulk and size. Since he is new place a few floating plants so he will feel safe once he feels comfortable he will eat and all will be well keep us updated with pics

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store