Armatus Trio added with Rays

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Finally added my Trio of Armatus in with my rays 12 days ago. Took 4-5 days to start eating again. Now they are back to eating Tilapia and I look
for them to take off growth wise. I do leave the moonlights on all night though as I don't want them ambushed in the dark.
But they have gradually gotten braver since adding them. At first they stayed towards the back but now that they are settling in they are
swimming towards the front looking for food when I approach the tank.
They range from 8-9 inches in length.

[YT]GpXHPgAlVEU[/YT]

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
Nice! Are those Leopoldis and Henleis or Black Diamonds and Henleis?

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
The king of the trio is quite visible :)

Nice pick up and good luck bud

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
they really look good in there. In about a year, be prepared to move that geo :)Mine tried to eat a 11.5" geo and killed it! Beside the fact he killed all my sd's.
I hope you like the armatus as much as i do, they are awesome fish! Never had a trio though and i love it!

figured you were gonna wait until the new tank is up and running?

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Very cool
Thanks Jay

Nice! Are those Leopoldis and Henleis or Black Diamonds and Henleis?
Thanks. Two Leos, BD/Leo Hen and two Marbles.

The king of the trio is quite visible :)

Nice pick up and good luck bud
Thanks West, the biggest is more aggro but the two smaller are more aggro at feedings.

they really look good in there. In about a year, be prepared to move that geo :)Mine tried to eat a 11.5" geo and killed it! Beside the fact he killed all my sd's.
I hope you like the armatus as much as i do, they are awesome fish! Never had a trio though and i love it!

figured you were gonna wait until the new tank is up and running?
Thanks

That Geo is the lone survivor with the rays out of 7. Been alone for the last 2 yrs. I really like them. Just hope the survive the rays till they get larger.

Was going to wait for the 600 but they were getting pretty cramped in the 55.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Quick clip of my large female trying to catch an Armatus with lights on. Thus the reason I leave moonlights on at night.

[YT]r5JisUyHV94[/YT]

Reactions: CANAMONSTER

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
cool video... dang that was fast!!

Better get them armatus on some fertilizer and get them growing!!!
I am trying, feeding them heavy every night.

Shadow... your rays are cold blooded! How big are they?
Ha, that footage was after I watched her 2 other times try and I watched both other blackies and the Marbles try. I am sure if it was a blacked out tank there would be at least one headless Armatus.

That female is 14". She has killed two Tiger Dollars, couple Geos and my 9" Tig. The other rays are between 11-12 inches with the exception of the Hen. She is 9" but is a very aggro feeder.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store