Good set up for a breeding pair of Gold Severums?

gamelovers11223

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2013
NY
Hello. I have a nice adult pair of golden Severums in my community 210g and they laid eggs couple of times but ate them after. I want to give them their own tank to breed and raise fry in.
I have:
empty 55g tank with top and light, Aquaclear 110 filter, 150w heater, air pump.
Really the only thing I don't have is the stand but I can build one.
Is it going to be enough room for them? Do I need any other equipment? Any tips or suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Mr.Manaconda

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
That should be sufficient. Just keep a good eye out for aggression and give a few hiding places each to get out of each other's way when they have a spat.

gamelovers11223

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2013
NY
Thanks. I plan on putting in two flower pots. - one for each to hide in, bare bottom and put a small net on a filter intake, maybe add a sponge filter.

image.jpg

gamelovers11223

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2013
NY
:D nice pair
Thanks.

Got the 55g cleaned up, built a stand out of 2"x3" wood. Cracked the case of the acuaclear 110 :( so put in a large sponge filter from the 210g and put in 30% of the water from it as well. Want to run it until this weekend and then transfer the pair.

image.jpg

gamelovers11223

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2013
NY
Alright! Only 6 days after I put in the pair - they spawned! At least twice as much eggs then before in a community tank. Also much less unfertilized eggs and parents are not picking off the eggs. Interesting to watch how parents fight over who is going to vent the eggs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store