Regreting this Fish!!!

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
So on Tuesday I bought a jardini arowna around 4 inches or a hair bigger. He is the only one in his seperate 180 and I have kept the lights off since yesterday. He is also in my room so there is little to no traffic.I have owned silver and black arowana before and I can tell you this jardini is nothing like them he likes to hide. The man at the LFS fed him bloodworms to show he was eating so I was re assured. However since I've had him from Tuesday he only are two mealworms on Tuesday and has not ate since. I've tried all foods imaginable. Water parameters are fine the filter is two aqua clear 110s and a fluval FX6. I have thrown in two feeders.... I know shame on me.... Rosy red minnows he still shows no interest. He is shy as hell to what am I doing wrong whe just is very shy and will not eat. He is not like any previous arowana I have owned which have ate on the first or second day and continued eating. Please help If I am being too impatient let me know! I just am worried because the sucker cost me $100 if he is like this for the rest of his life I may not keep him

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
Fish usually take a few days to get used to the tank, give it a little time, at least you've seen him eat a little. I wouldn't worry too much. The little guy probably is not used to so much room.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I think it will feel more secure in a smaller tank, but I would wait a couple weeks before messing with moving it again.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
I would have a few other fish in there to make him feel more comfortable. Mealworms were a poor choice, and can cause blockages since they cannot digest the chitin.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store