Edmonton aquatics, london

BoratNHisRtc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
England
Edmonton aquatics in London said a 30 gallon would be sufficient for a red-tail catfish, an alligator gar and a silver arowana for life (together). Just thought I'd expose a business that in my mind is unethical.:nilly:

BoratNHisRtc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
England
He's emailed me saying fish 'grow to as big as you feed them to' what? Am I stupid or is he? is he saying you stop feeding a fish when they're the preferred size? he also said fish don't outgrow tanks. Am I missing something? This is the weirdest thing I've ever heard.

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
What is the purpose of this thread? If he is the owner and thinks all that he won't be around long enough to even bother caring. Most of the things he is telling you hundreds of other places tell the same.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
He's emailed me saying fish 'grow to as big as you feed them to' what? Am I stupid or is he? is he saying you stop feeding a fish when they're the preferred size? he also said fish don't outgrow tanks. Am I missing something? This is the weirdest thing I've ever heard.
What you do is, when your fish is a couple months away from its ideal size, you stop feeding it. By the time it reaches the size you want, it will be weak and sickly and won't grow as much, so then you can throw it away and buy a new one. At that point, technically, the 30 gallon aquarium has lasted for the fish's lifetime, nothing ever outgrows it, and the fish store makes more sales. It's a win/win/win, as far as I can see. :D

[Disclaimer: I'm joking]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store