Disease or Parasite?

brewerytattooer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2013
Rochester NY
Hey there,

I have had a 30 gallon planted tank up and running about 6 months now. I originally started with six Australian rainbow fish and a bristle nose pleco. The tank is heavily planted. Flourite and gravel substrate. Well a couple of months ago i added 2 Bosemanis and 2 Turquoises to the mix. Ever since then i started losing random fish in the tank.

I tested all the water parameters and they are all fine. Ph is 7.2, ammonia 0, nitrites 0, and nitrates very low. The water temp is 78.
The fish don't seem to act any different before death. But today i woke up and noticed something weird with my Bosemani. He has this weird white thing on his upper lip. I was wondering if this could be a parasite or disease that is affecting my fish. Please let me know what you think.

002.JPG003.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
It is diffacult to tell from the pictures. Could be fungal, however I'm not sure about that it could just be an abrasion. It's not easy to treat fish in planted tanks you would have to set up a hospital tank and net them out to treat properly depending on the correct dianosis.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store