Female flowerhorn won't drop tube.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
feed earth worms. and/Or food laced with garlic. Water change with water a liiittle bit colder than tank water. then privacy for them(decors/plants/remove tank mates).
repeat
Then patience . mm what else idk right now

maybe you got an infertile FH female. They drop tube and all but you will wait the rest of their life with them but never an egg.

man get him another female. Get him a red dragon female.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
get her a real red dragon. That's not really a red dragon fm. the blue on her defeats that.. But good luck with them.

209aquariums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2014
California
Lol trust me she's a super red dragon. The first batch from same parents didn't get the deep red across whole body until about 8 inches. She's 3 inches max so she's got a while until she gets all the red. My big male has same blue pearls across whole body as well. Most SRD do.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Go colder. More like 74-76 was for my female to lay eggs. I kept them around 78. In general why are you keeping them at such a high temp?

It's at 86 right now. Should I go any higher ?

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

209aquariums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2014
California
Cause this is what I was told by all breeders I asked. Most said keep at 86. Then some said 88. But I'll try your low temps. Never seen FH kept in temps below 80. Hopefully it works. Thanks.

calibigrob

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Worldwide
Cause this is what I was told by all breeders I asked. Most said keep at 86. Then some said 88. But I'll try your low temps. Never seen FH kept in temps below 80. Hopefully it works. Thanks.

I never go cold Water for breeding its 87-88 range for breeding water change , live food (shrimp bloodworm, n etc helps) Give her time might b her first time I have pair been together 2-3weeks n no eggs but I see stomach getting fat n tube slowly dropping

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store