Affordable solution for an Armatus?

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Think I would want something rigid. Also how are you going to view if you constantly have to keep the top on to prevent it jumping out.
I would look more into a pool or stock tank that was able to support a plexi glass cover.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
As mention in the ads, it comes with a mesh lid that can zip down onto the stock tank. (it prevent Koi from jumping out too)

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Also, an Armatus' jaw structure is design to grab and immobilizing prey, so it can swallow whole. It isn't like the piranha where they grab and slice thru flesh.

A frantic Armatus would jump or desperately rubbing their nose against the surface in attempt to escape and it never extend their jaw fully. In contrast, a piranha will pull back their lip and it will bite their way thru.

So I don't think an Armatus will have the power or will to bit thru the latex linear.

Otherone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
Lancaster,PA USA
to answer your question No - even the sales pitch says temporary 2-3 years isn't temp - however the true use of the word diameter is not being used. if you look at the picture the 2ft sidewall looks larger then the circle top the actual diameter looks more like 2ft aswell - what they should have said was 6ft in circumference.

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
Absolutely that will not work. Please try and find a scratched up 240++. Also the growth rate is amazing and there appetite can be ferocious. Keep us posted and good luck!!!!
I see! I found an used water bin in local ads for a very good price, 54" L x 36" W x 18" H, is that a good footprint? If so, next is transportation issue!!! >.<"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store