Eels for a small tank

Wrightt3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2013
England, United Kingdom
Well, as the title implies, I am looking for an eel like fish (not a loach) that would be suitable for a 20 gallon tank (60x30x40cm). The only other fish in the tank is a thorichthys aureus which will be moved to lager tank relatively soon. One that does not require sand would be ideal but not essential. I realise that I am fairly limited due to size but surely there must be something out there? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
small spiny eels (macrognathus sp.) would be great, but sand is almost a must for them, or no substrate at all.

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Some people have made the experience that they will injure their skin or nose, some haven't..

Wrightt3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2013
England, United Kingdom
I've decided that I am going to go with either M. siamensis or M. circumcinctus as they seem to be the smallest from what I have read. Are these very active fish? If not, what would you recommend as tankmates for this sized tank?

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
M.siamensis do bury themselves a lot, you usually only see the head. My sister had 1 and I changed her gravel to sand for her because it kept on scratching itself. I have no experience with the other 1

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Peacock eels don't get very big and the ones I had never buried in the sand and were always out constantly swimming around. The tank did have a lot of driftwood and plants so it was pretty comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store