What not to post. Pls read

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Well I learned a hard lesson this weekend. I was suppose to pick up a 360 gallon acrylic off of kijiji that was for free, which I talked about in the DIY tank section. I waited 2 weeks to pick it up and the day before I was supposed to come get it, some ******* on here texted the girl off of his phone saying that it his phone died and he was messaging off of a friends. He asked if he could pick it up early because he was in town and said that he was the person she had made prior arrangements with. I messaged the guy and eventually he admitted to doing it and told me to eff off and things happen.

Moral of the story, don't ever post anything on here about something your going to get, because there are lowlifes that will do unethical things to swipe it out from under your feet. Hopefully no one has to go through the anger and disappointment I had with this situation.

Cliff519

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2010
Canada
There are lots of great deals in both Edmonton and Calgary from time to time. I'm sure you will find another good deal in time

Sorry about your bad luck

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
I agree, good luck on finding a new one.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's been something of a superstition of mine.I don't want to jinx any pending deals before I close on them.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Yea I couldn't believe that someone would even do that to someone. Some people just have no morals or respect for others. Well lesson learned I suppose.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
shame him...do you know his screen name, he he
Or post an ad on craigslist for the same tank with his phone number...what a loser

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
Wow, I was worried about just this kind of thing happening when I found my 300g on Craigs list, so I didn't post about it till it was safe in my garage.
What is the legal system like there? If you can get the original owner to testify he/she had promised it to you and this other individual committed fraud Maybe you can get it back or be awarded damages to compensate your loss that would help pay for another similar tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store