Easter Update vid on the 505

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
505, it says it in the title and in the link in the sig lol.
Wow! nice and loaded tank. How big is that?

Tank is 505 gallons total system is a bit over 600

Nice tank, how do you control the nitrate? I am surprised that the rays don't snack on many of those species.
Thanks, right now weekly water changes (about 250 gallons) but soon I am adding an auto drip. Evryone asks the same question on the rays eating stuff... I set it up wholehardly expecting them to pick stuff off but its been nearly a year and not one casualty. The rays are well fed and i also think the height of the tank (36inches tall) helps as once the lights are off most of the schooling fish sleep near the top.

WOW, that is a crazy mix! Love the action!
It is funny to see angel fish and ATF in the same tank, much less with rays!
HAHA, I know! i love the movement too... its funny because a lot of the stuff went in to cycle and I expected it to eventually be eaten but to this date nothing has gone missing and very little agression overall.

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Thanks for the reply, I guess it must be the depth and the abundance of food that stops the eating the other fish. I follow the rule that sting rays kill for sport / fun though so am shocked they have not had a go. Maybe packing them in works as opposed to just the odd other fish. I wouldn't trust mine with anything after the last two companions got chomped.

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
Such a cool tank, man. So much diversity in that tank....and bio-load lol. It's good to see you having success with it. It's definitely a stunning looking tank with all the different species and colors and fish at different levels. There's a lot going on and the fish are the centerpiece, as they should be, not a bunch of driftwood. Well done.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store