LED Advice

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Hi all,
I'm interested in buying a led fixture for
my 75 tall. Currently I have 2 old florescents on top of it and a few low light plants in it. Can anyone recommend a fixture, or advise me of things to keep in mind when I do buy one? Or are they all pretty much the same? Thanks in advance :)

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I run beamswork on my 75. I have had no issues or burned out panels. been over a year and nice and bright, and moon glow great also, no issues,

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I run beamswork on my 75. I have had no issues or burned out panels. been over a year and nice and bright, and moon glow great also, no issues,
I have a aqueon modular led with a day bulb and color max bulb I think it's a nice fixture. I prefer it over the beamswork that I have also.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks guys. I definitely want moon glow for nights. Joel, what would say is different, the intensity? Is it brigter? I didn't even realize the bulbs could be changed.

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
Thanks guys. I definitely want moon glow for nights. Joel, what would say is different, the intensity? Is it brigter? I didn't even realize the bulbs could be changed.
The modular has 3 spaces for bulbs I only have 2 in right now. Moonlight is built in to aqueon and beamswork fixtures. I like the aqueon better because you can swap out bulbs and add color enhancing bulbs. The beamswork is nice also, but you cannot change anything with it. If the modular is not bright enough you can always add or take out a bulbs. Satellites are nice too.

chefwill

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2013
Jacksonville beach Florida
I have a current satellite led, I like it ,bang for the buck its good.I wouldn't use the storm mode, might set them into seizure. Haha

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
The modular has 3 spaces for bulbs I only have 2 in right now. Moonlight is built in to aqueon and beamswork fixtures. I like the aqueon better because you can swap out bulbs and add color enhancing bulbs. The beamswork is nice also, but you cannot change anything with it. If the modular is not bright enough you can always add or take out a bulbs. Satellites are nice too.

Thanks joel, Im doing some research along side this thread.(on the aqueon) Im now understanding the layout of the modular a little better now. I read the separate bulbs are really expensive?? Also read you can't put a separate timer on the moonlight setting :( I was hoping for that.

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
Thanks joel, Im doing some research along side this thread.(on the aqueon) Im now understanding the layout of the modular a little better now. I read the separate bulbs are really expensive?? Also read you can't put a separate timer on the moonlight setting :( I was hoping for that.
No problem. i paid $35 for the color
max bulb.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store