Red Isletas spawn

spazmattik

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2012
Virginia
Hey everyone. I don't see these guys mentioned to often on here so I thought I'd share this video. I originally bought 4 of these guys from the wet spot group buy at AM2 and these two didn't take long to pair off. This is actually the 2nd spawn. The first group didn't make it to free swimmers. Not sure if they were eaten by a pleco or just by the parents since it was the 1st batch. They seem to be making it work this time around though :) Anyone else keeping these ?
[YT]6CTUBXno6pg[/YT]

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Very beautiful pair you have there! I had a pair from Rapps and the male was a good 6 inch with amazzing personality but absolutly no red head. Yours look very nice.

Joao M

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2010
Portugal
Nice !

I have a male that paired up with a 2x bigger Midevil female, but nothing cam out of it (probably eggs where eaten by the leporinus trio)
[YT]SACQEJAzn2g[/YT]

spazmattik

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2012
Virginia
Very beautiful pair you have there! I had a pair from Rapps and the male was a good 6 inch with amazzing personality but absolutly no red head. Yours look very nice.
Thanks! Love the personality too. The male was super mad when i shot this. Not sure if you can hear it but he hits the glass hard (for his size) at one point.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I have a little male growing up in my 210g community tank. Lots of attitude in a small package. Not sure he will stay in the community setting since the tankmates are really a lot more on the peaceful side. I do have a 72 gallon bowfront that will likely be all his, for a nice solo wet pet.
This is when I first got him in January this year:
dsc03912.jpg
His little hump has filled out quite a bit since then, but not a super fast growth like my other cichlids.

dsc03912.jpg

spazmattik

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2012
Virginia
I have a little male growing up in my 210g community tank. Lots of attitude in a small package. Not sure he will stay in the community setting since the tankmates are really a lot more on the peaceful side. I do have a 72 gallon bowfront that will likely be all his, for a nice solo wet pet.
This is when I first got him in January this year:
View attachment 1006903
His little hump has filled out quite a bit since then, but not a super fast growth like my other cichlids.
Nice! How big is he?

spazmattik

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2012
Virginia
I just order some. I read that a lot of colors get lost wo th hout sunlight.
Cool, where did you order from?
not sure on the sunlight though this is the only tank thats really in view of sulight that comes in through my patio sliding doors.. also the tank thats builds algae the fastest cause of this :/ the colors on mine have been nice mostly the whole time except when not in breeding dress. Which hasnt happened often as they have spawned two more times since this post lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store