Flowerhorn kok shrunk and dark colored

EricNguyen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2014
Evanston IL
She always been healthy but recently she got really dark colored and kok shrunk down badly. I have no idea why but my only thought is that it might be Frozen Bloodworms parasite? She still eating fine and water parameter seems good. Any thoughts on this? can she be stress out? by anything? or does she have parasite? I also did the epsom salt treatment she still seem to be the same.

EricNguyen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2014
Evanston IL
Also in the tank now I can see a bunch of little white little things. Anyone know what they are and if they harmful and how to get rid of them?

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
Those little white things are probably planaria, just rinse out your filter followed up with small frequent water changes, they should be gone in no time. As for the flowerhorn, i have experienced that in the past not sure what causes it

EricNguyen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2014
Evanston IL
Those little white things are probably planaria, just rinse out your filter followed up with small frequent water changes, they should be gone in no time. As for the flowerhorn, i have experienced that in the past not sure what causes it
Ahhhh i see thanks for the reply. So it wasnt any type of disease? Did it just go away or what happen to your Fh?

Jtruong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Boston
those planaria are harmless where smaller fish like guppies could just eat them. for your FH watch out for the hole in the head disease. i would do a aquarium salt treatment and add more bubbles if any signs are visible. otherwise keep us updated

EricNguyen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2014
Evanston IL
Thanks bro I already started on the salt treatment. Sucks but she shows no signs at all. Still eating fine, come up when I am the tank, poop just fine but colors going dark and shrunk kok.

ZEROPILOT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
South east Florida
When my Flowerhorns are stressed, they get dark. Usually the P.H has gone acidic.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store