Stocking suggestions for a 125

kdv9tb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Houton, TX
Hello MFKer's!

So I am working on a stand for a 125 gallon I got a few months ago, and already am daydreaming on what fish I want to keep so I can start lining up the hardscape and plants! I am really growing fond of the specieas Geophagus, and want to do a good size school in the 125. I was thinking in the 6-8 range for quantity. The other fish I already have, that I can't seem to part with is my breeding angelfish. Do you guys and gals think that I can keeo Geophagun and Angelfish together without issue?

Other tankmates will be stock I currently have, so 5-6 loaches, and 5-6 SAE's. I also thought about adding a school of lemon tetras.

Eventuelly the 125 will not have angelfish, but it has to keep at least the ones I have till the new tank is built and installed at the new house (house foundation isn't even poured yet).

Thoughts? Ideas?

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
You might get a better response if you posted this in the SA/CA cichlid section - alot of geo keepers there. I think you would be fine if you kept one of the smaller growing geo species like Red Head Taps. Buy the geos small and it will give you time to figure out what you want to do w/ your angel pair. Geos grow fairly slowly. HTH

kdv9tb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Houton, TX
Thanks for the response.

Can the Mod's move this over to SA/CA section for me?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store