Help stressed out female

palmer357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2013
United States
I separated my female Motoro(first pic) from the group 2 days ago because she has gotten tore up pretty bad by my male leo/hen but she has since stopped eating they are feed tilapia and massivore daily even tried some earth worms she wouldn't even act interested the only reason I'm worried is I belive she is pregnant and I don't want her to abort the pups so my question is should I move the divider over in the tank to give her a little more space or will she come around and is it possible for her to abort the pups from stress I would just section off the male but there are more females I would like him to breed with any advice would be much appreciated thanks

20140421_091955.jpg

20140421_092018.jpg

20140421_092028.jpg

MEDHBSI

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2011
Coquitlam BC
Grab her some earth worms i dout shed say no to that. are any of her wounds getting infected? Its hard to tell from the pic but is she a good weight? 2 days is nothing if she's fat

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Post ypur water parameters. Why don't you fill that pool up more? Do you need more filtration?

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

palmer357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2013
United States
I tried the earthworms She wouldn't go the wounds are not infected but are sever enough to separate sorry for the bad pic the water is fine ammo 0 nitrate 0 nitrate 0 She has been acting perfectly normal nothing out of the ordinary until I separated her now she won't eat. Has anyone ever experienced this when breeding rays n thanks for the replys

20140421_175852.jpg

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
0 nitrate seems interesting. With all my females they have been fine once divided off never seen any difference.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
If I take my female away from the male them she will not eat.

Zero nitrate would make me go and try a new test kit. You should be able to read something.

You also might want to give her some sand to bury in, stressed rays like to hide.

Are those cinder blocks ok in the water, I know nothing about them but concrete can leach lime in to the water and make the hardness and ph do alarming things...worth checking one in a bucket for a few days and keep checking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store